Smartwatches have exploded in the last couple of years and now is the best time to own a standalone smartwatch. The first company to bring standalone smart watches to the market was Apple. However, due to drastic improvements in technology, many other options are available, and at much better prices too.
We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide teaching you how to select the best stand alone smartwatches from start to finish for anyone with any type of budget.
If you are busy then you can check this Editor recommended smartwatch no phone needed.
1. Apple 42mm Smart Watch
2. Fitbit Blaze Smart Watch
3. Scinex SW20 16GB Smart Watch
4. Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch
5. LEMFO KW88 3G Smart Watch
6. Lintelek Slim IP67
- Tips On Selecting The Best Standalone Smartwatch 2018
- 1. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch – Standalone Smartwatch 2018
- 2. Scinex SW20 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch
- 3. Scinex SW30 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch
- 4. Samsung Gear Fit2 Standalone Smartwatch
- 5. BURG Neon 16A Smartwatch Phone
- 6. LEMFO KW88 3G Smart Watch
- 7. Apple 42mm Smart Watch – Space Grey
- 8. Samsung Galaxy Gear S 2-Inch Smart Watch With Curved Super Amoled Display
- 9. OUMAX Bluetooth Smart Watch S6
- 10. Pebble Time Standalone Smart watch
- Final Verdict
Tips On Selecting The Best Standalone Smartwatch 2018
There are a lot of smart watches out in the market, some of which include android standalone smartwatches. Because there are so many smartwatches, it can be hard to find the best one. Below is a set of guidelines and tips that we recommend you use to find the best smart watches with sim card for your wallet and your needs.
Understand What You’re Looking For
Smartwatches come with a variety of features so sitting down to understand what it is that you’re really looking for will help you narrow down your search. While many smartwatches have the basic capabilities such as phone calls and messaging, other standalone smart-watches have various other features.
By sitting down and coming up with a list of things you’re looking for as well as expectations, this will help you narrow down your search to the standalone smartwatch android with the features that you want.
Set Your Budget
Smartwatches can be crazy expensive depending on which brand and company you buy from. Also, the number of features and advanced innovations within the smartwatch will also add to your cost.
Setting yourself a limit on how much you can spend will give you a clearer picture on what it is that you’re willing to pay. Having a budget will help set up constraints to prevent you from overspending. Remember that your goal is to find a smartwatch for your needs, and not a smartwatch that has more than you’re looking for. You want to save money, not give it away.
Know What Makes You Happy
A smartwatch is not a smartphone replacement. A smartwatch is used to supplement an already existing smartphone that you have.
Understand what it is that you are looking for so in the end, when you finally do decide to make that purchase, you know you’ll be happy no matter what. If money is not an issue, then it becomes easier for you to pick the smartwatch that you like. Follow your heart, not where your wallet is.
1. Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch – Standalone Smartwatch 2018
Fitbit is a well-known fitness tracker watch but they’re also involved in other industries as well. The Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is one of the many smart watches that does not require a unique smartwatch with sim card slot, therefore making it easier to use than other smart watches. Due to its popularity as a company, you’ll have no issues showing off your smart watch to your friends and family. Fitbit blaze is one of the best fitness smartwatch.
One of the best things that we like about the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is that it comes in a sleek black look. With any wearable accessory, making sure that it is cool and well-designed plays a huge part in whether or not you’ll buy it. If one of your criteria is a good design, then you will have no issues buying the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch.
- Heart Rate Monitoring: The Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is great for monitoring your heart rate.
- GPS Connectivity: This connectivity allows you to connect to your GPS.
- Texting: This feature enables you to be able to text on your smart watch instead of your phone.
- Smartwatch without smartphone.
- Calling: Fitbit blaze smartwatches that can make phone calls.
2. Scinex SW20 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch
The Scinex SW20 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch is one of the most popular smart watches on the market today. It looks completely like an Apple iWatch because of its black band and gold/yellow frame color. This is one of the highest rated smartwatches and most bought on the market.
One of the features that we liked about this watch is how it comes in different bands and colors. In case you’re picky with the color or style, you have the flexibility to change the style to your liking. One other thing that we really liked about this watch is the affordability. Not everything has to be crazy expensive.
- Bluetooth Connectivity: Has the ability to connect to every Bluetooth enabled device.
- Touch Screen: The 1.5” tough screen is similar to the Apple iWatch touch screen, making this a great iWatch look-alike.
- Unique High Quality Design: This design is made to attract other people’s attention.
3. Scinex SW30 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch
The Scinex SW30 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch is similar to the previous watch we reviewed except the design is much different. At first notice, you’ll see that the Scinex SW20 16GB Bluetooth Smart Watch seems like it’s designed to make the wearer look smart, and it does.
When we first tested this watch, we had gotten many compliments from strangers and friends. They commented on how much smarter we looked, and we told them that it must be the watch. There’s a certain reputation that is attached to watches that look like the Scinex SWW30. It certainly helped boost our reputation and image.
- Push Notifications/Calls: You can connect this to a smartphone and use push notifications and make calls.
- Tough Rubber Strap: Unlike other standalone watches, the rubber on this one is built touch.
- 1 Year Warranty: You can feel safer about your purchase with this 1 year warranty.
4. Samsung Gear Fit2 Standalone Smartwatch
There’s no smartwatch market without Samsung in it. The Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch was launched recently and when it did, it became a huge success. Apple should not be able to hog all the market, and that’s where Samsung comes in as a great alternative.
One of the coolest things we liked about the Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch is the smart display. It looks very similar to the displays on their Samsung phones. We have owned several Samsung phones and it’s nice to see the smart watch mirror the home display on the Samsung phones.
- Different Color Options: The Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch comes in 3 different colors such as: Black, Blue, and Pink.
- Store Your Music: The Samsung Gear Fit2 Smartwatch allows you to store music on the go so if you kids like music, you can download some songs for them.
- Cradle Charging: The watch comes with a cradle for you to wireless charge your smartwatch.
- GSM smart watch.
5. BURG Neon 16A Smartwatch Phone
Burg has been a strong competitor to smartwatch giants like Apple, Fitbit, Samsung, and more. The BURG Neon 16A Smartwatch Phone comes with a unique smartwatch sim card that enables it to act like a mobile phone. This is one of the main reasons we decided to try this stand alone smartwatch out.
Not every smart watch out in the market allows it to function like a mobile phone. We found the BURG Neon 16A to be very convenient for times that we didn’t want to take our phones out. The convenience was certainly a big plus for us and with continued usage, we began to appreciate it more and more.
- Full Functioning Phone: With the unique smart watch sim card, the BURG Neon 16A Smartwatch acts as a full functioning phone.
- Bluetooth 3.0: This allows for the best connectivity in today’s market, making communication very easy.
- 16 Gb Micro SD: Up to 16 Gb can be installed on this phone to store messages, pictures, music, and more.
6. LEMFO KW88 3G Smart Watch
Lemfo is a small boutique brand that is gaining a lot of popularity with their cool smartwatches for kids. One of their main goals is to mirror their competitors and make it better. The LEMFO KW88 3G Smart Watch looks very similar to an iPhone in terms of design and screen interface.
One of the things that caught our eye about this stand alone smartwatch is that it is multi functional. This means that it can be used as an Mp3 player, video player, sound recorder, and more. There are a lot of options and things you can do with this watch and we liked that very much. We fell in love with this watch when we spent hours and hours trying to explore every capability that this watch had to offer.
- Cool Design: The sports design of this watch makes it one of the few sports-designed smart watches in the market.
- Fast: The LEMFO KW88 3G Smart Watch comes with an Android 5.1 OS with 512 MB RAM which makes it a really fast smartwatch.
- Supports Social Media: You’ll be able to connect to your Facebook, Twitter, etc.
7. Apple 42mm Smart Watch – Space Grey
This buying guide would not be complete without including Apple in this list. As everyone knows, Apple is one of the most valuable tech companies in the world with their logo everywhere we walk. If you’re able to come up with the money and get yourself the iWatch, you’ll be the talk of the town.
We had ordered this iWatch for one of the family relatives for their birthday. Although they were not a huge fan of Apple, after they got the iWatch, they simply fell in love. We witnessed how powerful branding and company reputation was. We certainly converted our relative that day into a hardcore Apple fanatic. It was well worth the price paid because they were very happy with their purchase.
- Long Lasting: Apple products are designed to be quality and long lasting.
- Touch Screen Display: The touch screen display allows the users a number of options they can use with the smartwatch.
- Siri Enabled: Use Apple’s digital assistant Siri to make your life easier.
8. Samsung Galaxy Gear S 2-Inch Smart Watch With Curved Super Amoled Display
This one of best android smartwatch. If we were going to mention Apple, then it’s only fair and worthy to also mention Samsung as well. Samsung and Apple have a way of adopting their products in a very consistent way.
One of our siblings simply loves Samsung. They will not go to Apple in any way, shape or form. When we got this for their birthday, they fell in love. They told us that it looks and functions exactly like a Samsung Galaxy, except that it is on your wrist. They were beyond happy about what we had purchased them.
- 4 GB Storage Capacity: Store your photos, music, and other files with this large 4 GB capacity.
- Android Compatibility: Many people own Apple and therefore cannot connect to Android. However, with this smartwatch you can.
- Lightweight And Beautiful: The smartwatch is lightweight with a beautiful design that looks exactly like their Samsung Galaxy Smartphone.
- Smart watch android.
9. OUMAX Bluetooth Smart Watch S6
One of the many issues with finding a good smartwatch is compatibility. Because the market is dominated by either Samsung or Apple, you can only use Android or i OS. However, one of the things that we really liked about the OUMAX Bluetooth android Smart Watch S6 is that it is compatible with the latest iPhone’s and Samsung smartphone models. If you have this smartwatch then you no phone needed.
We recommend the OUMAX Bluetooth Smart Watch S6 if you’re focused on compatibility. It was really hard trying to find a standalone smart watch that supported both Android and iOs. However, with the OUMAX Bluetooth Smart Watch S6, compatibility was not an issue.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility: Compatible with recent iPhones and Samsung phones. GSM smart watch.
- Water Resistant: No need to worry too much about dropping this in the water.
- Touchscreen With Clock Display: Sometimes you just want to see the clock instead of the touchscreen icons, and you can do that with the OUMAX Bluetooth Smart Watch S6.
10. Pebble Time Standalone Smart watch
The last item on our list is the Pebble Time Smartwatch. Pebble has been a strong brand in the smartwatch market for many years. Recently, their smart watches have been re branded for the general population and this is the result of their re-branding strategy.
The one thing we really like about Pebble is that they will continue to do what it takes to compete with their competitors. Because Pebble was not initially in the smart watch industry, they did whatever it took to break in. And they did, and we were one of the first ones in our friends group to try the Pebble Time Smartwatch. We were not disappointed in the very least.
- Built-In Microphone: This is useful for voice notes and quick replies.
- Water Resistant: The Pebble Time Smartwatch is resistant in water up to 30 meters.
- Ergonomic And Cool Design: Built to fit and rest on your wrist comfortably.
Out of all the standalone smartwatch that we’ve reviewed, the one we recommend the most is the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch. You simply cannot beat the Fitbit brand, nor can you ignore it. The Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch is a combination of a great price, beautiful design, and most importantly, the cool factor. If you’re looking for something that will spare your wallet, looks cool, and has a variety of functions, it’s a no brainer—go with the Fitbit Blaze Smart Fitness Watch today.